In its first cabinet meeting, the Modi government has decided to introduce the Prime Minister’s Farmers Pension Scheme, giving relief to farmers. Under which the central government will cover about 12-13 crore farmers under this PM Kisan Pension Scheme. In this government scheme, Modi 2.0 government will extend this financial assistance amount to about 5 crore farmers in the first phase. The Farmers Pension Scheme will help in reducing the financial burden on them.
Pradhan Mantri Kisan Pension Scheme – Benefits
In the first phase of this scheme, launched to help the farmers, 5 crore small and marginal farmers will come. After the age of 60 years, the amount of 3 thousand rupees will be given in addition to old age, old-age pension. Means 3,000 farmer pension + old age pension. But in this 18-year-old farmer will have to pay a monthly premium of 55 rupees and the same amount will be given by the government.
If the farmer collects 100 rupees every month, then the government will also collect 100 rupees every month on his behalf. Only after that, after the age of 60 years, he will get a pension of 3000. About 10 thousand crore rupees will be spent on farmer Pension Scheme.
To take advantage of Pradhan Mantri Kisan Pension Yojana (PM Kisan Pension Yojana), all farmer brothers can read the following conditions:
- The PM Kisan Pension Scheme will be a contributory pension scheme for all small and marginal farmers (SMF) across the country.
- Farmers must be between 18 and 40 years of age to take advantage of this scheme.
- A beneficiary farmer is required to contribute Rs 100 per month at an average age of 29 years. The same contribution will be made by the central government to the eligible farmer.
- After the death of the beneficiary, his wife or husband will be entitled to receive a 50 percent pension.
- To take advantage of the PM Farmer Pension Scheme, farmers can apply to pay their monthly contributions by registering online through the Common Service Center (CSC) under MeitY.
This PM 2.0 Farmer Pension Scheme of Modi 2.0 will connect farmers between the age of 18 to 40 years with this scheme. After which, on completion of 60 years of age, every farmer will be given a monthly pension of Rs 3,000 per month (Financial Assistance to Farmers). If a person who is benefited dies due to any reason, then his wife will continue to get 50% of the amount of assistance.