The objective of Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Yojana (PMJAY) is to make medicines available to people at affordable prices. PMJAY is one of the ambitious schemes of the Central Government. PMJAY also gives you an opportunity to start your employment.
Under the PMJAY, a grant of about 2.5 lakh rupees is being given to the people by the government in opening the Jan Aushadhi Center.
Under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Yojana (PMJAY), a 20% commission is given on the sale of the drug from the drugstore. The government maintains a steady supply of generic medicines to these centers.
Who can open stores under PMJAY?
- Any person or businessman, hospital, NGO, pharmacist, doctor, and medical practitioner can apply to open a medicine center under PMJAY.
- Under PMJAY, medicines up to Rs 50,000 are given in advance to SC, ST and Divyang applicants for opening a drug center.
- In PMJAY, a drug store is opened in the name of Prime Minister of India Jan Aushadhi Kendra.
Which papers are necessary for PMJAY?
- If you are applying yourself, your Aadhar and PAN card will be required.
- If any NGO, pharmacist, doctor, and medical practitioner apply to open Jan Aushadhi Kendra, then they will have to provide Aadhaar, PAN, certificate of making the institution and its registration certificate.
- To open a dispensary center under PMJAY, you should have at least 120 square feet of space.
What benefits will you get under PMJAY?
- Up to 20% profit on drug print price
- Lump-sum financial assistance up to two lakh rupees
- The Jan Aushadhi Kendra opened under PMJAY will be given an additional incentive of 10% of the sales for 12 months. However, this amount will be the
maximumRs 10,000 per month.
- This incentive maybe 15% in North-Eastern states, Naxal affected areas, tribal areas. Here also, in the context of the rupee, this amount can be maximum Rs 15000.
How can apply for PMJAY?
You can download the application form for PMJAY by clicking on this link. Download the application form.
If you want more information about PMJAY or want to apply online, you can click on this link:- http://janaushadhi.gov.in/pdf/State_PMBJP.pdf